Stockton University Migration Studies Scholarship
The Migration Studies Scholarship is open exclusively to currently enrolled Stockton University students who earn/maintain a 3.0 GPA and have a declared minor in Migration Studies via Academic Advising. This program awards up to three scholarships per term to qualified students. Each scholarship award is up to $2,500.
Not a Migration Studies minor? Don’t worry, there’s still time to declare the minor if you’re interested in this important subject matter and its related career paths. Contact Academic Advising via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must already be minoring in Migration Studies at the beginning of the application semester.
- This is a biannual scholarship program with separate applications/scholarships awarded for both fall and spring semesters. This means students can apply for consideration twice during the academic year.
WARNING: Interested students who do not presently have a declared Migration Studies minor are encouraged to matriculate immediately into the program, so that they can apply when the new application cycle opens next semester.
The Migration Studies Scholarship application process is comprised of three requirements outlined below. The Scholarship Selection Committee only reviews completed application files. Scholarship applicants must submit all three items by the deadline; no filing extensions will be granted.
- Cover Letter (350 words or less; view rubric)
- Recommendation Letter (from Stockton Faculty only; view rubric)
- Online Scholarship Application (10 questions)
DATES & DEADLINES
The Migration Studies Scholarship award cycles are administered biannually based on these timeframes.
Application Opens: Oct. 1
Application Closes: Dec. 1
Committee Review Period: Dec. 15 – Jan. 10
Award Letters Sent: Jan. 15
Scholarship funding will be applied at the start of the spring semester to the student’s account. (Or, in the case of internships or study tours, when the student needs it.)
Application Opens: Feb. 15
Application Closes: April 20
Committee Review Period: May 5 – June 1
Award Letters Sent: June 5
Scholarship funding will be applied at the start of the fall semester to the student’s account. (Or, in the case of internships or study tours, when the student needs it.)
HOW TO APPLY
Start the online application process today:
- Select “Apply” (bottom right)
- On following page, click “Sign In With Your Institution” (blue button, bottom center) and log in with your Stockton username/password (same as goStockton portal)
- Complete the 10-question online application by the deadline posted
Obtain more information on the Migration Studies Scholarship program or help navigating the online scholarship portal using the following contacts.